Holy heck Batman, one year!

Cherish F.
on 5/12/11 12:00 am, edited 5/12/11 12:03 am - Philadelphia, PA
I can’t believe how fast it flew by.
Let’s start with some numbers. I know some people don’t think you should focus on the numbers, but hey, it’s my day I’ll do what I want.
Start weight: 294, Goal weight: 164, Current weight: 162
Shirt size was 3x, 26/28 – now M/L
Pants size was 26/28, now 10. This continually blows my mind. I know I was easily a 18/20 in high school. I had to buy a white nightgown for my graduation because I couldn’t find a white dress big enough.  

What’s changed? Sometimes I think everything, and other times nothing.
WLS didn’t take away my bills, but it did make it easier to sleep at night.
WLS didn’t give me a flat belly and a tight ass, but I am owning this healthy body it gave me. Flab, wrinkles and all!
WLS didn’t help me enjoy exercise, but it did give me the ability to move my body when and how I chose to.
WLS didn’t cure my anti social habits, but it did help me find this world of people who like just me as I am.
WLS didn’t change my love of food, but it has helped me recognize food as a fuel, not a “filler".
WLS didn’t make me beautiful, but it did make me more confident with who and what I am.
WLS didn’t find me the love of my life, but hey I’m working on that, you never know what may come.  

I’m still learning every day more and more about this new body and this new me.
Hey, when you have 2 sf brownies and 2 cups of coffee – you want to die. I knew better.
Hey, when you don’t take your vitamins for a week, you get exhausted and hollow looking. Duh, I know that, why can’t I get it together? Because my friends, I am a work in progress. And I will be for the rest of my, now exponentially longer life. And I’m ok with that. In fact, I’m great with that.  

This next year I have to learn how to maintain. The surgery did the easy part for me, now I have to teach myself how to do the work on my own. I realize I can’t keep skating by on the tool alone. I also need to keep up the exercise. It works. Period. I feel better, look better, and can see the results on the scale when I get out and get active. I’d like to lose another 10 pounds, but if it doesn’t happen I’m going to try to be ok with that.  

Thanks for all the love! Texts, FB and on here – you guys are amazing, and are by far one of the best “side effects" from this surgery. Without my Mom, Cyd and all you guys I don’t think I could be as happy with who I am today. I am so glad I didn’t let my shyness keep me from coming to that first cooking class with Cyd. And even more grateful that Steffi and Maura sat in Liz’s living room and talked to us. Mwah!   I think that’s enough babbling for today
Love, Cherish
 Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

Lisa H.
on 5/12/11 12:06 am - Whitehall, PA
 you were shy? really?  No seriously.. I must have missed that part of you b/c I never saw or sensed that.  Unless I am just so awesome that there was no need for shyness around me..  

My tracker

hers 

Cherish F.
on 5/12/11 4:48 am - Philadelphia, PA
Yep, shy. I've always had this horrible anti social thing where I don't like to step out of my comfort zone of people. Honestly, if Cyd hadn't suggested we go to that first class (and drove) I never would have gone. That's why she's my BFF. She drags my reluctant butt to new places and things!
 Cherish

Lisa H.
on 5/12/11 12:29 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Well good thing she drug your reluctant ass to the class.  I am so grateful to have you in my life and now I can drag your reluctant ass to lots of new places to do lots of new things!!!!!!!!!!! 

My tracker

hers 

Cherish F.
on 5/12/11 11:40 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Snicker
 Cherish

Sara E.
on 5/12/11 1:08 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
I agree with Lisa...you? shy?  I don't see that at all.  You are a confident, beautiful, fun lady.  I am so glad I got to meet you at Liz's.  I wish I lived closer to you all.   I will have to make more road trips.  Anyway...Happy Surgiversary...I cherish Cherish as a friend :)

Sara

Cherish F.
on 5/12/11 5:00 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Sara! It was great meeting you face to face too.
 Cherish

bvohl
on 5/12/11 1:26 am
Cherish,

I am SO proud of you and all that you have accomplished!! The first year is amazing and does go so quickly. May year two be a year of learning and growing about yourself and the tool that you have been given!!

I feel like the moment I met you I knew you and I kind of had a feeling that we would become friends!! SO GLAD FOR THAT!! Definitely a PLUS of having this surgery!

Love ya!!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Cherish F.
on 5/12/11 4:57 am - Philadelphia, PA
Yeah Beth! You and Dee (and Steven) are part of the wonderful things that have come out of this surgery. Thank you for being so awesome!
 Cherish

bvohl
on 5/12/11 6:51 am
Well, YEA! Of course I am AWESOME!! SO ARE YOU!!

LOVE YOU!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views